Medical Specialty >> Gynecology

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

Back to Gynecology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/14/2017.

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: Vaginal itching, soreness, and mild pain...any suggestions?

Tarney - Tue Apr 26, 2005 5:41 pm

Hi, I'm 20 and am NOT sexually active. I have been experiencing mild pain in the vaginal area as well as itching and soreness. It sometimes hurts if I put pressure on the area, other times it doesn't. The itching is pretty ongoing but the pain isn't. It has been going on for about 5 or 6 days, some days worse than others. I don't know what I can rule out. I am in the process of getting a new job but I am currently without Med. insurance. I can't really afford a doctor's appointment for this, but I'd like to find out if it's okay to wait a couple weeks to get this checked out. The discomfort is relatively mild but I am still concerned. It seems like an infection of some kind, but I've also heard of vaginal canker sores. I don't think it is Herpes because I am not sexually active at all. There doesn't seem to be any lumps, bumps or cysts that are large enough for me to detect. Please help, I would appreciate any suggestions.
 erica123 - Wed Apr 27, 2005 12:34 am

I experienced the same problems as you had and recently went to go see a doctor. I haven't been sexually active for around 4 months, so STDS weren't the case. She did tell me that it can be normal to experience those symptoms without having an infection ( i was tested for yeast and vaginitis) and is usually referred to as a non-infectious yeast infection. She gave me an anti-itch cream and Vitamin A& E ointment to apply to help soothe it. You can probably pick those up at a local drug store.
 Tarney - Wed Apr 27, 2005 10:46 pm

Thanks a lot!

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us