Question: Vaginal itching, soreness, and mild pain...any suggestions?

Tarney - Tue Apr 26, 2005 5:41 pm

Hi, I'm 20 and am NOT sexually active. I have been experiencing mild pain in the vaginal area as well as itching and soreness. It sometimes hurts if I put pressure on the area, other times it doesn't. The itching is pretty ongoing but the pain isn't. It has been going on for about 5 or 6 days, some days worse than others. I don't know what I can rule out. I am in the process of getting a new job but I am currently without Med. insurance. I can't really afford a doctor's appointment for this, but I'd like to find out if it's okay to wait a couple weeks to get this checked out. The discomfort is relatively mild but I am still concerned. It seems like an infection of some kind, but I've also heard of vaginal canker sores. I don't think it is Herpes because I am not sexually active at all. There doesn't seem to be any lumps, bumps or cysts that are large enough for me to detect. Please help, I would appreciate any suggestions.
 erica123 - Wed Apr 27, 2005 12:34 am

I experienced the same problems as you had and recently went to go see a doctor. I haven't been sexually active for around 4 months, so STDS weren't the case. She did tell me that it can be normal to experience those symptoms without having an infection ( i was tested for yeast and vaginitis) and is usually referred to as a non-infectious yeast infection. She gave me an anti-itch cream and Vitamin A& E ointment to apply to help soothe it. You can probably pick those up at a local drug store.
 Tarney - Wed Apr 27, 2005 10:46 pm

Thanks a lot!