Medical Specialty >> Gynecology

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

Back to Gynecology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/14/2017.

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: virginity

vhyne - Wed Apr 27, 2005 9:08 am

Hi, I am 25 years old, I am just confused and bothered about what my boyfriend told me that I am not a virgin anymore. Where in fact I never been with anyone but him alone.,,and beside he wasn't able to get into me, it was hard for him to get inside, we tried it for how many times...it was even hurting me so badly. How can I explain it to thim that I am still a virgin.
 Rhonda P, CEP - Wed Apr 27, 2005 10:09 pm

User avatar Hello Vhyne,

A virgin is a person, male or female, that has not experienced sexual intercourse. If intercourse was painful and couldn’t be continued it may be because you weren’t relaxed, (that would be something your boyfriend would have to work on with foreplay), or he was being too aggressive or rough or it could be that your hymen is too tight. I would recommend making an appointment with your Gynecologist for a checkup and birth control plan before continuing with your boyfriend’s advances.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us