Question: early pregnancy and precocets

aporter - Sat Apr 30, 2005 7:16 pm

I just took a home pregnancy test that was positive. I know that I am pregnant. I have another child and had a misscarriage last year so i know the syptoms. I am waiting to get to the hospital to get one there. I am having some teeth pulled in June and the dentist has me on percocets for the pain in the mean time. can this cause problems and possible miscarriage? I only take a half or 1 whole percocet at night before bed. is this ok? or should i stop?
 Theresa Jones, RN - Mon May 02, 2005 4:53 am

User avatar Hi aporter,
Percocet is narcotic and it's not advisable to take this medication during pregnancy. I would suggest that you call your physician for a pregnancy safe substitute.