Question: Prolonged period

329glory - Sun May 01, 2005 3:34 pm

Prior to starting any birth control, I had regular periods. (3-5 days, heaviest on 2nd and 3rd day). In June 2004 I started Depo. I spotted around the time my period was due every month, and I understand this is normal. In January 2005 I switched to Ortho Tricyclen Lo. My periods became normal again, lasting about 3 days. In March, I had my period ontime on 3/09/05. Then, I stopped taking the pill after a week into the pack. I got my period again 5 days after the last pill that I took, on 3/24/05 (2 weeks after my period last started) and it was light, lasting 3 days. I understand this is normal too - "withdrawal bleeding". In April, I got my period on 4/21/05, which would have been right on the money from when my withdrawal bleeding started. Today is 5/01/05 and it has not stopped and does not appear to be letting up. On day 11! I use about one Extra Super tampon a day. Is this normal for someone who has been messing with their body and hormones for the past 10 months? Should I be concerned? I have never experienced this before. I have not had any cramping since about 4/21 - 4/23, when it started. I have not been sexually active since 3/2205. Please advise.
 ladyk1259 - Mon May 02, 2005 2:35 pm

I did similar to what you have asked. But, I would bleed from 7 to 28 days at a time and very heavy.I finally had to have a hysdorectomy due to endometriosis( I don't know if that is the correct spelling) and fibroids.I hope this is not your problem but maybe you should check with your doctor about it.