Medical Specialty >> Gynecology

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

Back to Gynecology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/14/2017.

Forum Name: Obstetrics

Question: This is all new to me

Charlie1313 - Fri May 06, 2005 6:09 pm

I'm 19 years old and in college. I've been dating my boyfriend for 4 yrs and we had sex in the middle of april. I usually have my period between the 24-28th of every month. My last period was March 28. I have had cramps like when I'm on my period, sometimes I feel like I've started a flow but its just a white discharge, and i feel like i have a lump in my throat(like I swallowed a piece of gum).... i don't think its nausea but its uncomfortable and I feel uneasy sometimes (It comes and goes). I have felt like I would get sick a few times but instead I just burped( it left a sour taste in the back of my mouth). I took an EPT certainty digital test two days ago and it came up negative. Are these signgs of me being pregnant? Help please.
 HeatherJ - Fri May 06, 2005 7:12 pm

Signs of being pregnant mirror signs of PMS - its very hard to tell by symptoms if you are infact PG - the only obvious way to find out is by a missed period and a positive pregnancy test.
your "usually" not supposed to feel any symptoms of being PG until 5-6 weeks along..but everyone is different.

Hope you find your answers soon..
 aporter - Mon May 09, 2005 9:39 am

Well I am very early pregnant, 6 wks, so if you were pregnant u would only be about 3 weeks i'd say bc ur information is not to far off from mine. wait a week and if u haven't tsrated try another test but try first response. i found out i was pregnant with my first baby when i was 2 weeks from a first response. they work very well. some cramping is common with early pregnancy. i still have it now but not as bad. and i do feel like i have started bleeding but i haven't. although i don;t have any discharge. if u wanna talk to me about anything...i am not a doctor but i do have one child and pregnant now..u can email me at aporter19@ec.rr.com

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us