Question: CLOMID

Melani - Mon May 09, 2005 5:02 am

I have been diagnosed with PCOS. I am on Metformin, and with dietary changes, have managed to lose 7 kg.

This seems to have worked well as I have now had 3 spontaneous cycles since February this year.

I started Clomid (25mg) on Day 2 of this cycle, and have to take it till Day 7.

When will I ovulate and when is the best time for intercourse?

Since I am having spontaneous cycles, does this now mean that I am ovulating?
Is that the reason for such a low dosage of Clomid ?

What effect will this dosage of Clomid have on my cycle/ovulation etc ?
 Theresa Jones, RN - Mon May 09, 2005 8:29 am

User avatar Hi Melani,
That is a slightly lower dose than used initially. To my knowledge, generally speaking once an effective dose is established ovulation can be expected 5-8 days after the last pill is taken. (Discuss this with you physician to ensure this is accurate). The recommendations that I have seen is to have intercourse on the 3rd day of the last pill and continue daily for 1 week. Some doctors may also recommend ovulation predictor kits and you may want to discuss this as well.