Medical Specialty >> Gynecology

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

Back to Gynecology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/14/2017.

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: swelling stomach and missed periods

caz2bee - Wed May 18, 2005 2:32 pm

hi, im a 27 year old single mother,

for the last two months i have been waking up being able to wear size 12 clothes, but by the time 5 o'clock comes i have to waer size 16 clothes because my stomach swells so much.

i haven't had a period for 2 months and i have done three different pregnancy test, all of which have been negative.

i also have swollen glands in my neck and occasionally pins and needles and slight numbness in my right leg.

i have no idea what this is, other than knowing that ist is very very uncomfotable and its begining to drive me mad.

im too scared to go to the doctors since i don't know what they are going to say, and having lost two family members in the last 12 months with some form of cancer you can appreciate my dread at going.

i hope you may be able to shed some light and put me at ease.
 Theresa Jones, RN - Wed May 18, 2005 5:47 pm

User avatar Hi caz2bee,
I can certainly understand your fear, especially with your family history. However I strongly suggest you call your physician for an evaluation.If it's a benign condition you could be easily taken care of and you will be very much relieved. You have to realize, however, that if a more serious condition is in question, the longer you allow it to go, the more difficult it is to treat. Sometimes the fear of the unknown....is more dreadful than a disease itself.......Call your doctor!
Sincerely,
Rntdj

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us