Question: swelling stomach and missed periods

caz2bee - Wed May 18, 2005 2:32 pm

hi, im a 27 year old single mother,

for the last two months i have been waking up being able to wear size 12 clothes, but by the time 5 o'clock comes i have to waer size 16 clothes because my stomach swells so much.

i haven't had a period for 2 months and i have done three different pregnancy test, all of which have been negative.

i also have swollen glands in my neck and occasionally pins and needles and slight numbness in my right leg.

i have no idea what this is, other than knowing that ist is very very uncomfotable and its begining to drive me mad.

im too scared to go to the doctors since i don't know what they are going to say, and having lost two family members in the last 12 months with some form of cancer you can appreciate my dread at going.

i hope you may be able to shed some light and put me at ease.
 Theresa Jones, RN - Wed May 18, 2005 5:47 pm

User avatar Hi caz2bee,
I can certainly understand your fear, especially with your family history. However I strongly suggest you call your physician for an evaluation.If it's a benign condition you could be easily taken care of and you will be very much relieved. You have to realize, however, that if a more serious condition is in question, the longer you allow it to go, the more difficult it is to treat. Sometimes the fear of the unknown....is more dreadful than a disease itself.......Call your doctor!