Medical Specialty >> Gynecology

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

Back to Gynecology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/14/2017.

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: Too Frequent Periods!

miss - Sun May 29, 2005 12:53 am

Hi

I am 24 years old. I normally have quite regular light periods normally every 5 weeks, they barely bother me at all. Over the last period of Time since March this year I have had my period every two weeks and most recently started again yesterday with a unusually heavy period when my last one only finished 8 days ago.

These are the approximate dates
March 19th - 23rd
April 20th - 24th
May 1st - 4th
May 15th - 18th
May 28th - now

I am not on the pill and I am sexually active. I went to the doctor last week and had a pap smear done. I am just very concerned that something bad may be causing this bleeding.

Please give me some feedback on what would be best to do. I am very concerned. Is there something I can advise my doctor on what tests to be done. I would prefer to gain as much as possible before going to the doctor. Thankyou for you response, it will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
 Dr. S. Adhikari - Sun May 29, 2005 12:40 pm

Hi!
Have faith on your doctor and do accordng to his advice. From your history it seems you are suffering from polymenorrhea which is not necessarily abnormal so stop worrying!

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us