Question: Burning after sex - urination/ discomfort during sex

yelsy - Mon May 30, 2005 1:34 am

I have recently been experiencing a burning sensation after having sex (when i urinate) and sometimes pain during sex with my long term boyfriend of two years. I have had some difficulties before, specifically UTI - but those are all gone now.

I am taking 50g macrodantin once a day to ensure any UTI is rid of. I take Inner Health tablets to avoid getting a yeast infection, cranberry pills to help with UTI's as well, and the birth control pill.

I also noticed a dark yellow discharge which is more frequent and in greater quantity then I am used to.

I went to the doctor and had a swab done to check for any infections or bacteria. They found nothing.

Is there anything I can do? Anything else that may cause these symptoms?
 Shannon Morgan, CMA - Mon May 30, 2005 8:41 am

User avatar Have you had a test for STD in the last couple of weeks? You have symptoms very similar to either chlamydia or NGU (non gonnorheal urethritis). NGU usually occurs in males, but can be transferred to their partner. It is not an STD, but a test for both would be a good idea. Does he have any of the same symptoms? Please just get an STD panel just to rule it out. Symtoms of chlamydia start to occur just a few weeks after infection.

Also, I would recommend you get another urinalysis to rule out a UTI. Even though you are taking the Macrodantin, you could be developing a tolerance to it, probably not a UTI given the discharge but if you didn't have a test, it would help to rule it out.