Question: Pain during intercourse

Jazmine - Mon May 30, 2005 1:35 pm

Hello, this is kind of wierd for me. I have endometriosis and have already gone through surgury and fertility treatments, and for the past year have stopped taking any medication becaus Ii didn't like the affect it had on me.
For the past few years I have sometimes had pain during intercourse. It is mostly deep pain that is a bit to one side.I have talked to my GP about it and he seems to think it's a mix of the endometriosis and being scared so I tense up. I understand this, but I still don't know if there's anything I can do about it. I can't spend the rest of my life being scared to have sex, or just try to live with the pain.
Lately, this past year, the pain has gotten worse, and continues each time to be more painful. My husband is very good about it, but it is very hard to even get excited about sex when I am scared to even try. I try to relax, and we have lots of foreplay so I know I'm ready, but it still hurts. Sometimes it's not right away, but it eems to always come and gets worse each time. When it starts to hurt it almost seems like I dry up, but at the same time I know I'm very excited so that seems kind of weird. We've tried using lubricant, and doing different things to try and make it better but nothing helps. How are we suposed to conceive when we rarely have sex anymore since all I think about is how much it's going to hurt?
I know there's no miracle cure, but I was wondering if there is anything I (or we) can do to make it less painful. If anybody knows of anything I would greatly appreciate the advice.
 hope2bhealthy - Tue May 31, 2005 8:03 pm

Have you had pap smear to check if you have infection? Do you have irregular discharge? Maybe you can take an ultrasound test again to check if there's really still endometriosis. Moreover, I know that some pills like birth control pills have an effect of making you "dry" so intercourse tends to be painful. Goodluck.