Question: slightlypolycystic ovaries

safi01 - Fri Jun 03, 2005 5:50 am

So after my gynacologist told me that i wasn't ovulating, I went for mt pelvic scan yesterday and the nurse told me that the only abnormality she could find was that my ovaries were slightly large and polycystic. She told me this was treat able but how? what are my chances of concieving? She also mentioned that it might be due to the fact that i was on the pill for about a year and a half it was prescribed to me by my GP at the time for heavy periods but i stopped taking this around 4 months before i got married.
 Theresa Jones, RN - Sat Jun 04, 2005 4:06 am

User avatar Hi safi01,
The following weblink has some information about polycystic ovarian syndrome. Studies suggest that insulin resistance plays a factor in this disorder and medications such as metformin etc. along with fertility medications are used to induce ovulation.
Link
Good Luck to you!