Medical Specialty >> Gynecology

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

Back to Gynecology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/14/2017.

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: slightlypolycystic ovaries

safi01 - Fri Jun 03, 2005 5:50 am

So after my gynacologist told me that i wasn't ovulating, I went for mt pelvic scan yesterday and the nurse told me that the only abnormality she could find was that my ovaries were slightly large and polycystic. She told me this was treat able but how? what are my chances of concieving? She also mentioned that it might be due to the fact that i was on the pill for about a year and a half it was prescribed to me by my GP at the time for heavy periods but i stopped taking this around 4 months before i got married.
 Theresa Jones, RN - Sat Jun 04, 2005 4:06 am

User avatar Hi safi01,
The following weblink has some information about polycystic ovarian syndrome. Studies suggest that insulin resistance plays a factor in this disorder and medications such as metformin etc. along with fertility medications are used to induce ovulation.
Link
Good Luck to you!
Sincerely,
Rntdj

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us