Medical Specialty >> Gynecology

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

Back to Gynecology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/14/2017.

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: Ortho Evra Patch

x0x011 - Sun Jun 05, 2005 10:23 pm

I just started last week and decided to stick it to my butt. I've found that it stays on but it looks like it has moved around a bit because the stickiness is around the edges (like a bandaid). Is this something ihave to worry about like not getting an adequete amount of the medicine?
I was also wondering about other areas the patch can be placed because the instructions are not very specific. I know it can go on the top of my arm but i think it's a bit too "out there" for me. I don't want to put it on my pelvis area because my pants will constantly be rubbing on it. I know it can't go directly on the breast, but can it be placed underneath like on the upper torso/stomach area? Or can it be placed right beside the belly button or does it have to be lower? I would stick it on my back but i cant really reach my upper back. Can it go on the small of my back though? what about a bit higher than that?

Any help is appreciated.
 x0x011 - Fri Jun 10, 2005 1:13 pm

????

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us