Question: Post surg problem?

Squirtle - Tue Jun 07, 2005 1:16 am

I've had a rt ovarian cyst and since March, it grew fron 8 cm to 10 cm. I was having a lot of pain, and because it torsed, cut off the blood supply to my ovary and it ended up in the lt side of my pelvis. Needless to say, it was dead 24 hours later when i went to surgery so I had a rt oopherectomy 5-22-05, and since then i;ve been having a lot of bloody discharge, and am wonering if that is normal. it is extremely painful to defecate, and it always seems to make the bleeding worse. and just a little while ago, i passed a huge clump, about 2 cm. I'm really freaked out and would really appreciate any adviceyou have.
 Theresa Jones, RN - Tue Jun 07, 2005 5:46 am

User avatar Hi Squirtle,
Small amounts of vaginal spotting may be expected. However, bright red blood, blood clots, chills and fever (elevations in temperature above 100 degrees), significant abdomial pain etc. should promptly be reported to your physician.