Question: what is this stuff?

TenPrin - Tue Jun 07, 2005 11:20 am

I am 19 years old, I am sexually active, and have had unprotected sex about 5 times around may 24-29. For two whole months (april & may) i didn't have a period. which didn't worry me because i am so irregular. but just to make sure, i took ALOT of pregnancy tests (urine) and all of them said negative. well around may 30 or 31 i started having a brown discharge. it doesn't look like blood, even when its in the toilet, it sort of looks powdery brown. it doesn't have an odor, and usually only comes out when i use the restroom. i have no idea what it is and its now june 8 and its still coming out... what could it be?
 Shannon Morgan, CMA - Tue Jun 07, 2005 4:08 pm

User avatar It's normal to have the brown discharge (old blood) the few days preceeding your period, however since you had unprotected sex in the last 2 weeks, it's hard to tell if it's implantation bleeding or you're trying to start your period. A pregnancy test wouldn't have shown a positive result between the 24th and today, more than likely since it hasn't been but 9 days since your last time having unprotected sex. The test won't be accurate until the day after you are late for your scheduled period, which in your case isn't scheduled.

Take another test around the 20th if you haven't had a normal period- that will be three weeks after the last risk.

Or you can have a blood test at your doctor's office that are more sensitive.