Question: Bloodclots and Birth Control

greendaisy1116 - Tue Jun 07, 2005 4:24 pm

I have been coughing up bloodclots and having blood clots come out of my nose and i was worried so i went to the ER. They tested my blood, did a catscan, chest x-ray and couldn't find anything wrong with me and assumed it was bronchitis and gave me anti-biotics. I still am having the bloodclots, could this be my birthcontrol?? I have only been on Yasmin 28 for 3months and it is the first time i have used the pill. Also i don't smoke but maybe 2 cigerettes a week. Honest.
 Shannon Morgan, CMA - Sat Jun 11, 2005 10:13 am

User avatar If you are coughing a lot, you can burst blood vessels in the lungs, but that is nothing to worry about. If you had a true blood clot, there would be a very serious problem, which were thoroughly ruled out. The coughing can last several weeks after finishing your ABs, try taking Robitussin regularaly.