Medical Specialty >> Gynecology

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

Back to Gynecology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/14/2017.

Forum Name: Obstetrics

Question: 15dpo and negative HPT

Solarwife - Thu Jun 16, 2005 8:07 am

Hello, new here. I was wondering if it is possible to always have low hcg levels with every pregnancy? Reason why I ask is that I am now 15 dpo and my cycle should have started this past Sunday. I took an HPT this morning with my FMU and it was negative. Now with my first pregnancy, I took several hpt's that were negative, had a blood test that was negative later during the week of my missed cycle. A week later I took another blood test and it was positive. With my second pregnancy, I was a week later when I finally took an HPT and it was negative (with no sxs - no sore breasts, no nausea, nothing).

I'm late again and was wondering what the possibility would be that I just constantly produce low levels of HCG?

I've been having dry heaves, low back ache, bloating, irritability, headaches and of course the lack of my cycle. I also spotted on saturday, but it was only when I used the potty and wiped. TIA
 Solarwife - Sat Jun 18, 2005 9:18 am

bump

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us