Medical Specialty >> Gynecology

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

Back to Gynecology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/14/2017.

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: Am I pregnent ?

kisa - Mon Jun 20, 2005 12:50 pm

I now have my 25th day of my periods. I usually have 27 days of periods. This was when i wasnt sexually active. But i had sIex some days ago, I am not sure anything happened. but I usually have a severe pain before my periods. but Its already the 25th day and I had pain yesterday. Today I don't have pain at all. Will it be painful if i am pregnent ? Will my periods date differ when i become sexually active ? Please Help me with this.... I am very worried Am I pregnent ?
 Shannon Morgan, CMA - Mon Jun 20, 2005 5:08 pm

User avatar It is possible to get pregnant from only one time having sex, if there is no birth control.

There is really no way of knowing if you are or not, you will have to take a pregnancy test to find out, although you need to wait until the first day of a missed period. If your periods are every 27 days, take test on the 28th day.

Worry and stress can also delay periods for days or weeks, so don't panic if it's late. Sexual activity doesn't change your normal cycle, but lots of other things can, stress being the most common.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us