Question: embarrassed

chicadebo - Tue Jun 21, 2005 1:07 am

Hi. I have a lot of symptoms. Not sure if they are related but I'll give them all just in case. After all some people never realize what symptoms go with what and are suprised to hear what symptoms are related. :lol: Ok. About a year ago I was in a relationship with a man I fell deeply in love with. At first our sex was protected but as time went by we stopped using it. He ended up moving far away for a career change. I found out that he used to really sleep around and it scared me so after he left since we had the unprotected sex I had some symptoms of burning while urinating vaginal dryness and a foul smelling discharge. My doctor treated me for a yeast infection and a bladder infection. The burn and smell went away but the dryness didnt. I stopped having sex got tested for chlamydia and ghonnarea and tested negative. Now, a year later I am in a relationship again and had sex for the first time with my new partner. (protected of course this time) The dryness is still there. And I've noticed urine leakage. (There is a foul smell but not sure if it is urine leakage or discharge) My discharge is white on my underwear and when dry sometime looks yellow. There is a little itching but it's rare. I have also noticed a wierd looking rash on my breast (upper area) and on my arms. They are just raised bumps that itch every now and then and sometimes they look like pimples but when I pop them the fluid is clear. Also every now and then (it comes and goes) I get a painful bump in the crack of my rear. When I push it, pusslike fluid comes out and it goes away for a while. (I did have an infected gland between my vagina and anus at one point a couple of years ago and it was the same type of pain and fluid.) But this keeps reoccuring in the same spot now. The one I had years ago never came back. So to sum it up I will list my symptoms:
rash on breasts
foul odor
urine leakage
dryness
there are no bumps or anything in vaginal area. also I am always tired (exhausted no matter how much sleep I get but I work a lot and go to school too and am stressed about money so the tired thing could be from that)
I get headaches frequently
I have mood swings and am extremely emotional
I have memory problems(that kind of runs in famly though : ) )
bump in crack of rear end that has puss like fluid goes away after popped but reoccurs after a month or so.
And I think that's it.
I was tested for chlym. and ghon. and tested negative and was tested for HIV 3 months after intercourse with the ex that left. So unless it just didnt show up yet, I don't think that's the problem. Do you have any idea what is wrong with me? I guess these may not all be related. And I have an appt with a doctor in 2 weeks but 2 weeks is a long time so if u can even give me some sort of idea that would be great thanks.
 Theresa Jones, RN - Tue Jun 21, 2005 5:59 am

User avatar Hi chicadebo,
My questions for you are, when was your last gynecological exam and since I'm unsure of your age, have you had a mammogram? From what you describe vaginal dryness can present itself from hormonal changes, perimenopause, menopause, etc. The vaginal discharge really doesn't sound abnormal and the yellow tint could be urine leakage along with vaginal discharge. The urinary leakage (again may be related to menopausal symptoms but also are related to other conditions). The infected gland sounds like it may have been a Bartholins Cyst and if the contents are not completely drained from this particular cyst they will continue to reoccur. The area on the crack of your backside sounds like the possibility of an abcess which may require being opened and drained. The headaches/mood swings again may be related to hormonal imbalances/dysfunction. Any breast rash or breast changes require an evaluation. My suggestion for you is on your doctor's visit, inquire about labwork, breast exam to include a mammogram, pelvic exam and ultrasound.
 chicadebo - Tue Jun 21, 2005 4:43 pm

I will be 27 in a month. So I'm guessing menopause isnt the issue. I have had my yearly pap smear check up about 7 months ago
 Mommy2jacksy - Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:00 am

I am a 26 yr old married female (ofcourse LOL). I have a very foul smelling discharge that is a yellowish white. Mainly white unless I use the bathroom and when I wipe it is yellow. It is so strong sometimes I can smell it when I have all my clothes on! I don't want to have sex with my husband for fear of him smelling it. What could this be? It has been going on for months now and I am scared to go to the Dr. I have a major fear of OBGYN's since I had my son. Also I had my son 25 months ago and I breastfed for 3 months and I still have some discharge from my nipples when squeezed. What would cause that?