Medical Specialty >> Gynecology

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

Back to Gynecology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/14/2017.

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: A Tear..something to worry about?

 xlilmama - Tue Jun 21, 2005 8:23 am

I had sex a few days ago and something felt uncomfortable later that day. So I looked and it looks like a tear or "raw" spot I quess it would be on my clitorus. Not sure what its called its toward the top of my vagina. Is it not to worry about. I just went to the gyno and I have no insurance so if its something that can heal on its be it.
 Shannon Morgan, CMA - Tue Jun 21, 2005 11:58 am

User avatar The clitoris is just under where the inner lips start in the front. Are you talking about a tear there? Or at the entrance to the vagina?

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us