Question: I need some help/advise.

Catherine Fergerson - Wed Jun 22, 2005 12:56 am

I had my last period approximately May 26 or 27th. About a week after my period ended I believe it was the 3 or 4th or 5th (sorry can't remeber the dates) I started having breast soreness like I was getting my period again. A few days later right on cue for 3 days I kept waking up arond 5 in the morning with nausea, and mid back pain and small stomache cramping. It would last for like 2 hours and go away, and I was fine for the rest of the day. It's been like that for 7-8 days now. Today I started to actually bleed a bit. Not too much a tiny bit, enough to notice. My husband and I have been together since we were 13, married at 20 and still do not have any children at age 25. I have always been afraid of using birth control, so we use the withdrawl method, or condoms when needed. I have taken a pregnauncy test about 3 days ago and it came out negative. Still my period is not due for at least another week, but my body seems to be acting really weird.
I cannot afford to pay to see a doctor, and cannot seem to locate any free clinic that will do a blood test to find out if I am pregnaunt. Can you offer me any advise at all, as to what may be going on, or what I should do?

Thank you for your time.

Catherine Fergerson
 Theresa Jones, RN - Wed Jun 22, 2005 5:05 am

User avatar Hi Catherine,
I would suggest just waiting to see if your menstral cycle arrives when expected and if it does not, the you may want to repeat a pregnancy test a few days after the expected date. I don't know what part of Ohio you are located but do the following: In a Google Search if you type in free pregnancy clinics in Ohio and scroll down to
Google Directory - Health > Reproductive Health > Clinics and ...
click on the link, there are some resources that appear to be available in the Ohio area. If this is not helpful let me know and I will attempt to locate something more specific.
 Catherine Fergerson - Wed Jun 22, 2005 1:06 pm

I was able to find planned parenthood. I will make an appointment to get checked. I started to bleed a little bit last night, but then it went away. Then when I woke up this morning I had the shakes, no pain anywhere Like I normally would for my periods. My periods are usually bad long heavy and painful. I started bleeding a little bit this morning, and it was a brownish color. Other than that I feel fine, it just doesnt look or feel right.
 Catherine Fergerson - Wed Jun 22, 2005 10:23 pm

Well the bleeding for the most part has stopped, I am so very confused lol.
 Catherine Fergerson - Thu Jun 23, 2005 11:42 pm

Ok actually went to the hospital earlier today. After a full exam ( which was only the second one i had in my life and I was petrified) a urine and blood test, it came back negative ( which is good, because both me and my husband weren't trying to concieve.) However, blood was taken from my cervix ( I was bleeding but still not normally or like a period, it came and went) The blood was tested, and a virus was found, as well as dehydration and dystfunctional uterine bleeding.

Now while I was at the hospital for hours waiting in the room terrified, I understand a lot of people come in and need help and some more important than others, I know there was a person next to me that had died, but the doctor came in and only told me it was negative and left. I had tons of questions and really started to get upset since i got no explinations about anything. Then the male nurse came in and told me the rest. I just wish someone had explained what is wrong with me.
Basically from what I understand my cycle went out of wack. Which had never happened before, and symptoms i have been feeling I was told are normal and possibly even could be False pregnauncy.
Although I still feel nausea at times that come and go, and my uterus itself feels brusied, I am also dizzy at times and feel weak. Which they also told me might be the case.

I was also told that taking some birth control pills could basically reset my cycle, if i want to concieve. Now I do want to conceive, maybe not today or tomorrow, but I'm only 24 and would like to have a kid in the next few years. I have never taken any kind of birth control and have only ever had one partner, my husband my entire life.

More than anything my questions are simple and I'm beggin a proffesional to please answer them, since I left just about as scared as I went into the hospital. I understand some things are more important, but my body and its health are important to me as well.

1. What is dysfuctional uteris bleeding?

2. Will birth control fix this? ( I have been opposed to birth control because I never wanted my hormones played with, but if I have a problem that a pill can fix by taking it for a few months, I can sacrifice that belief then. Basically I was told taking it for like 2-3 months would reset it and I can stop. Is this true?)

3. Virus infection? I was told by the nurse there is no fix for this and your body needs to basically heal itself. Could it be as simple as the cold sore I got this morning that they found?

4. I was told to relax, rest a whole lot, drink many fluids. I have lots of weakness feeling, and tiredness, but can I do everyday things like housecleaning, or sitting at the computer for my classes for college online? Or should i just lie down?

Sorry that this is too long, I really do not have a lot of money, and wish that I did so I could see the doctors that I need to or may need to, I guess I just want my mind at ease. I was given a number for woman's health and told to make an appointment, for a follow-up. Im going to do that, and let them know I have no insurance and all, and hope that they can still help me. Is there anything I should specifically ask for or question about during that appointment?