Medical Specialty >> Gynecology

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

Back to Gynecology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/14/2017.

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: help!

nicky - Fri Jun 24, 2005 7:00 am

i have recently been having problems im 22 and the doctors think i have endometriosis, i am 13 days lates with my period even though i have always had regular periods never late and the doctors think i have had this for a while im just waiting to have further tests at the hospital to confirm. i did a test a week ago and it come back negative and the doctors don't think i am fertile, i didnt know if anyone has experienced anything similiar?
 Shannon Morgan, CMA - Sun Jun 26, 2005 8:21 am

User avatar Don't jump to conclusions yet! Just because you are late on one period and not pregnant doesn't mean you're sterile!

While endometriosis can result in infertility, it can be avoided; there are ways to treat it before it gets out of hand.

What tests are you waiting on? Have you been having very severe cramping? Heavier than normal bleeding? Pain with intercourse? Gastrointestinal problems (constipation, diarrhea)? You said your periods were usually regular until this month. Irregular periods are also usually associated with endometriosis.

These are classis symptoms, but there can be several other conditions that cause similar symptoms.

Sincerely,

Shannon
 nicky - Mon Jun 27, 2005 5:11 am

i have had three miscarraiges in the last year, i hope im not fertile just my gp said i could be. i have been getting severe stomach cramps and lower back.
i was heavier than normal but this month i was 14 days late and my period is very light. when all the pains started around 1 year ago i had irregular periods and the previous three before were all regular.
i have forgotten the name but they are going to view me with a camera
 Shannon Morgan, CMA - Mon Jun 27, 2005 8:01 am

User avatar Ok, you said your periods have always been regular except for this one. Now that you tell me these symptoms, it does sound very likely for endometriosis.

I believe the procedure you will be having is a hysteroscopy. That is a very good test to find out. Try not to worry too much, there are ways to keep it under control.

Let us know how you do! I wish you the best. :D

Shannon

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us