Question: urgent period problems

beanie790 - Sat Oct 25, 2003 5:52 pm

please please please someone help me!

i had a baby over 7 months ago and since my periods have been very heavy and lasting for about 2 weeks, i know this is normal so can someone please help me to answer me this question

this current period has been very light but consistant with small clots in. it has lasted now currently for 3 weeks! Ii did a self examinationan hour ago and now too late to see gp, i can feel a lump which i know is normal and then another and then the end of my cervix wall. On this other lump which has been there since after i had my baby so the lump is normal, however there is now a hole in it! i can get the whole of the top of my index finger in it by about 5mm.

not only that i have had harsh pain on the left side of my body near the cervix and have been feeling very sick and dizzy with loss of appitie. there is no possibility i am pregnant.

please please help me i don't know if this is serious or not, but it hurts and i'm worried.
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Sun Oct 26, 2003 5:07 pm

User avatar Beanie,
I am sorry to hear about your problem. Unfortunately it would be very difficult for me to make a judgement from where I am. 3 weeks is a long time. You must be examined by your obstetrician/gynecologist. What you are describing could be a tear. Clotting arises from excessive menstruation that has used up all the anticoagulants normally present in menstrual blood or it could be from a tear.

Visit your physician ASAP.

Do come back and tell us how things went.