Question: constant pain ...anus

tomijo - Tue Jun 28, 2005 8:30 pm

Constant pain. No matter what. For about 3 days. Worse with bowel movement. Bowel movements also not normal. Stomach seems upset. Can't sleep. Taking tylenol and many baths to deal with pain. Not helping.
 Shannon Morgan, CMA - Wed Jun 29, 2005 5:05 pm

User avatar Have you been constipated? Have you had hard stools or strained to go?
 tomijo - Wed Jun 29, 2005 8:27 pm

No I Have not had any hard stools or had to strain. Actually I have had softer bowel movements. I went out to eat on Sat. When I got home ... I felt a little sick to my stomach.
The stool was softer than normal but I did feel a little sick. That lasted a few days.
Nothing I can think of to cause the pain. It is bad and constant. There is no bleeding or bumps or anything like that. Just a very bad pain worse with bowel movement. Sitting hurts too.

Thanks for replying.
 Shannon Morgan, CMA - Thu Jun 30, 2005 9:17 am

User avatar With that, it may not be an internal hemorrhoid, either way, you do need to see a doctor.

The episode of feeling sick was more than likely due to what you ate. It doesn't have to be violent illness to be sick from eating out.
 tomijo - Thu Jun 30, 2005 11:10 am

Thanks for your replies. I am going to the Doctor tomorrow (Friday). I can't deal with the pain anymore. It is driving me carzy. Hopefully, I will find some relief. I was hoping it may go away on its own. Not sure I will be able to handle an exam. It is going to be so painful. I looked online and some of the things it could be... said they sometimes go away on there own. At first I thought it might be a hemroid now I am thinking it is not.
I read online about fissures. The pain that is described there sounds like my pain.
With those, is surgery needed? Or are there other options?

Thanks again for your help.
 Shannon Morgan, CMA - Thu Jun 30, 2005 12:25 pm

User avatar I'm glad you are going to the doctor - it could possibly be a fissure - they are also caused by constipation and hard stools. There are still other possibilites, so it's good you're going.

Sometimes they don't heal on their own, and if they are chronic they can require surgery.

Make sure you are getting lots of fiber every single day, drink metamucil along with eating whole wheat/grain foods (Oatmeal is best) and fibrous vegetables. Also, take a stool softener every day, it will help heal, whether it's a hemorrhoid or a fissure. You should be doing these things anyway.

I hope it's nothing serious, let me know how it goes. :)

Shannon
 TooYoung24 - Thu Jun 30, 2005 1:51 pm

Im glad you are going to the doctor too. Im not to sure fissures is what you have though. I mean you read it on the net but my son is 18 months old and he cant or WONT poop on his own. He has had some real big hard ones and now he is terrified so now he is on a laxative to help him go. point being he has fissures which are caused from the constipation but see it this way and I don't mean to be grose. Around the anal opening there is like a circle where the skin is all squished together,,,, looks almost like the rays of the sun.... well when you are constipated you tear your anal opening and that is fissures. Small tears around the anal opening..... and that feels like burning/stinging....a tear. You say you are having pain though and fissures bleed. Could it be gas? My husband has that problem. We will be driving in the car and all the sudden he will jump out of his seat... He says it feels like someone is ramming a dagger up there but its just a gas pain and no hes not always constipated.....So well let us know what it was okay!
 ac9191 - Thu Oct 13, 2005 1:30 pm

How did turn out? Hemroids? Fissure? SOmething else? I have something simmilar. I've had extreme pain for the past 3 days. I was pretty sure it was a hemroid since there was a squishy lump on the outside. Today, though, when i "went" it bled. Now i don't feel as bad. it's as if the hemeroid "drained" or something. is this possible? it still hurts a little.