Medical Specialty >> Gynecology

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

Back to Gynecology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/14/2017.

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: pinky discharge while pregnant

lewisgirl - Thu Jun 30, 2005 5:58 am

I am 28 wks pregnant and been having brown and pink discharge most days since the beginning of my pregnancy which sometimes can be quite heavy in the morning and then eases throughout the day. I have just had a vaginal swab result back and it is showing a heavy growth of candida. Would this be connected do you think? i have had a few scans which are showing that the placenta is ok and in the correct place and touch wood, the baby is growing well.
Thanks for your time xxxx
 Theresa Jones, RN - Fri Jul 01, 2005 5:31 am

User avatar Hi lewisgirl,
Candida infections may produce a vaginal discharge white or pink in color. It's good to know that your evaluations up to this point have shown that all is well with your pregnancy. If the bleeding that you are experiencing changes any (becomes different) than you are already experiencing call your physician right away. Good Luck and I sincerely hope all goes well :)
Sincerely,
Rntdj

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us