Medical Specialty >> Gynecology

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

Back to Gynecology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/14/2017.

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: Help me please!

 naisome_6969 - Tue Jul 12, 2005 9:42 pm

I am 24 years old and i have not had my menstral period for almost a year. I have tried everything. Is there something i am missing? Is there something wrong with my body. What can I do to make it regular every month?
 Theresa Jones, RN - Wed Jul 13, 2005 9:11 am

User avatar Hi naisome_6969,
Have you been evaluated by your physician? Hormone inbalances is one of the conditions that frequently cause irregularities in menstrual cycles. Pituitary or thyroid disorders, ovarian disorders (cysts etc.) rapid weight gain or loss, etc. etc. A physical exam, pelvic exam, labwork, ultrasound would certainly be in order. If you have not been evaluated by your family physician I would suggest that you have this completed.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us