Medical Specialty >> Gynecology

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

Back to Gynecology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/14/2017.

Forum Name: Obstetrics

Question: might be pregnant

smiley0329 - Wed Jul 13, 2005 11:27 am

first i am on birth control and i had some wisdom teeth taken out on june 10 they gave me antiibotics and i stopped taking them on june 16th i had unprotected sex on that day and on 19th of june I then started my period on june 23rd my question is could i be pregnant.
 Theresa Jones, RN - Fri Jul 15, 2005 5:29 am

User avatar Hi smiley0329,
Certain antibiotics alter the effectiveness of oral contraceptives. I would suggest to you that you continue to take your birth control pills as directed and you may want to take a pregnancy test to rule this out.
Sincerely,
Rntdj
 HOPING - Sun Sep 18, 2005 3:20 am

MY PERIOD IS 11 DAYS LATE I HAD IT LAST ON 08/09/2005 MY PERIOD WAS DUE ON 09/07/2005 I HAVENT BEEN ON ANY B/C FOR 6 MONTHS MY FIANCE AND I HAD SEX DURING THE TIMES WE WERENT SUPPOSED TO I HAVE TAKEN 2 HPT LAST WEEK AND BOTH BEEN NEGATIVE I DO HAVE SOME CRAMPING AND NAUSEA HAVE BEEN PRETTY TIRED IS IT TOO EARLY FOR A BLOOD TEST
 Theresa Jones, RN - Sun Sep 18, 2005 6:04 am

User avatar Hi HOPING,
Blood tests are actually more sensitive than urine tests in detecting pregnancy sooner.
Sincerely,
Rntdj

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us