Question: Pregnancy without intercourse?

nightsparkle - Fri Jul 15, 2005 11:08 am

I have not had intercourse with my boyfriend but we did do other things and I don't know whether it is possible or no if i could or be pregnant.

We both had our underwear on and i made him place a sheet between us and we both humped each other that way. It was short and he says that he did not ejaculate and checked the sheet and did not find any stains, but I'm scared that it could still possible. Despite the fact I'm in college I am VERY naive about this subject. Could you please help?

I forgot to add; if it matters that my period had finished the previous weekprior to the event.
 Rhonda P, CEP - Fri Jul 15, 2005 11:55 pm

Medically speaking, you probably had enough between you and your boyfriend but only time will tell for sure. Two things would need to take place for you to become pregnant.

#1 – You need to ovulate at the right time. Ovulation is the release of a mature egg from the ovary. It usually occurs only once in every menstrual cycle, and it is usually around the 12 - 16 day before your next period.

#2 – A sperm needs to reach your egg. An average ejaculation contains over one hundred million sperm. In ideal conditions, meaning vaginal ejaculation, less than one thousand sperm will actually make it to the egg and than only one will fertilize it. The chances of sperm survival starts dropping dramatically when ejaculation takes place outside the vagina.