Medical Specialty >> Gynecology

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

Back to Gynecology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/14/2017.

Forum Name: Obstetrics

Question: Pregnancy without intercourse?

nightsparkle - Fri Jul 15, 2005 11:08 am

I have not had intercourse with my boyfriend but we did do other things and I don't know whether it is possible or no if i could or be pregnant.

We both had our underwear on and i made him place a sheet between us and we both humped each other that way. It was short and he says that he did not ejaculate and checked the sheet and did not find any stains, but I'm scared that it could still possible. Despite the fact I'm in college I am VERY naive about this subject. Could you please help?

I forgot to add; if it matters that my period had finished the previous weekprior to the event.
 Rhonda P, CEP - Fri Jul 15, 2005 11:55 pm

User avatar Hello,

Medically speaking, you probably had enough between you and your boyfriend but only time will tell for sure. Two things would need to take place for you to become pregnant.

#1 – You need to ovulate at the right time. Ovulation is the release of a mature egg from the ovary. It usually occurs only once in every menstrual cycle, and it is usually around the 12 - 16 day before your next period.

#2 – A sperm needs to reach your egg. An average ejaculation contains over one hundred million sperm. In ideal conditions, meaning vaginal ejaculation, less than one thousand sperm will actually make it to the egg and than only one will fertilize it. The chances of sperm survival starts dropping dramatically when ejaculation takes place outside the vagina.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us