Medical Specialty >> Gynecology

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

Back to Gynecology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/14/2017.

Forum Name: Obstetrics

Question: Ortho evera and pregnancy

MizKeyz - Fri Jul 15, 2005 3:14 pm

:? I am having issues. Last month i had my period 2 times. Once in the beginning of the month like the 1st. Then again around the 15th. I am currently on the patch and have been for over 6 months. I have never had a problem til now. Because I am on the patch me and my hubby don't use condoms and havent since I began. After last months long period was over with a week inbetween. I started to notice that when in the restroom I spot lightly very pinkish. I havent had any breast tenderness. I am currently worried about this issue. I don't have any medical histiry having to deal with these problems in the past.
 NICU_RN - Sat Jul 16, 2005 4:12 am

Good Evening

With Ortho Evra you can have in between spotting and periods. If you meet the requirements to be on the patch(weigh no more than 198 pounds, etc.), and you are putting them on the same day you initially decided on (for example, if you put one on every Monday),you should not be pregnant. The best bet is to get a pregnancy test. The patch is very effective in preventing pregnancy, but you have to make sure that you follow the instructions enclosed. Breast tenderness, is not always a reliable sign of pregancy always.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us