Question: Ortho evera and pregnancy

MizKeyz - Fri Jul 15, 2005 3:14 pm

:? I am having issues. Last month i had my period 2 times. Once in the beginning of the month like the 1st. Then again around the 15th. I am currently on the patch and have been for over 6 months. I have never had a problem til now. Because I am on the patch me and my hubby don't use condoms and havent since I began. After last months long period was over with a week inbetween. I started to notice that when in the restroom I spot lightly very pinkish. I havent had any breast tenderness. I am currently worried about this issue. I don't have any medical histiry having to deal with these problems in the past.
 NICU_RN - Sat Jul 16, 2005 4:12 am

Good Evening

With Ortho Evra you can have in between spotting and periods. If you meet the requirements to be on the patch(weigh no more than 198 pounds, etc.), and you are putting them on the same day you initially decided on (for example, if you put one on every Monday),you should not be pregnant. The best bet is to get a pregnancy test. The patch is very effective in preventing pregnancy, but you have to make sure that you follow the instructions enclosed. Breast tenderness, is not always a reliable sign of pregancy always.