Medical Specialty >> Gynecology

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

Back to Gynecology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/14/2017.

Forum Name: Obstetrics

Question: could i have cervical cancer?

sweets - Sat Jul 16, 2005 10:06 am

i havent had a period for about three months and i spot when i have intercourse. i also get fainting spells alot and get nauseated and my breasts are very tender at first thought i was pregnant but every test shows up negative what could it be and should i worry is it seiouse. please help!!!!!!!!!
 Rhonda P, CEP - Sat Jul 16, 2005 1:00 pm

User avatar Hello,

It sounds like you aren’t using any type of protection. You may be getting ready to start your menstruation, very hard to say at this point. The first step would be for you to get a thorough gynecological check-up, including a pap-smear to check for cervical cancer to make sure all is well with your body before conceiving a baby. If you are pregnant, you can find out how far along and details about the pregnancy but if you aren’t and have started missing periods, you need to get that straightened out.

Definitely talk to your doctor right away about your plans for parenthood or non-parenthood and get YOUR mind and body ready for the changes it is going to go through before continuing on with unprotected intercourse.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us