Question: virgin vagina really loose

student - Sun Jul 17, 2005 3:13 am

I'm 18 and a virgin. I'm very athletic and use tampons, so I don't have my hymen anymore. But its like I don't have a "virgin vagina." I'm not very tight at all down there. I'm just curious as to what a "normal sized" vaginal opening actually is and how it affects sexual intercourse. And if my opening is abnormal, what can be done about it?
 Rhonda P, CEP - Sun Jul 17, 2005 9:40 am

The vagina is lined with muscles; you can exercise them just like other muscles in your body to strengthen and tone them.

KEGAL EXERCISES: Kegal exercises strengthen your vaginal muscles and can help with bladder control problems. Pretend you are trying to stop a stream of urination. Squeeze those muscles as tightly as you can for a few seconds and than relax. Make sure you breathe while doing your Kegal’s. Repeat this every few seconds for about a minute every day and you should start to see and feel results in the vaginal wall.

If this doesn’t work or you don’t think this is the problem, please see your doctor for a physical check-up and opinion.