Question: Worried and seeking reassurance

Polo8500 - Mon Jul 18, 2005 5:37 pm

So i had sex with my boyfriend without a condom the other day for the first time and just kind of realized how that can affect me. I'm on yasmin (the pill) and take it at the same time everyday, and I got my period a few hours after we had sex. I'm just hoping someone who knows more about the whole pregnancy deal can tell me that theres no way I could be pregnant.

thanks to anyone who answers this - isa
 Shannon Morgan, CMA - Mon Jul 18, 2005 6:19 pm

User avatar If you have been on the pill for at least 7 days and take it every day, there should be no reason for you to be pregnant. When I say at least 7 days I mean from the time you first started taking it. It is still effective during the "inactive" 7 days.

The pill works by making your body believe it is pregnant, and stops ovulation altogether. No, egg, no pregnancy. Try to stop worrying! :D