Question: Worried

blahpink - Tue Jul 19, 2005 8:40 pm

I have always had an irregular menstrual cycle. My cycle used to occur towards the end of the month...recently i had a period that came on the 14th and the next period occured 32 days later....My period this month is late and it is beginning to worry me. But as my cycle has always been rather erratic I am unsure of when to test. As I am unsure of when my next period is due how long should I wait to take a home pregnancy test. The last time I had intercourse was around the 4th of this month. Thanks.
 Shana Johnson, CNA - Mon Sep 19, 2005 3:31 am

User avatar If you had sex aroudn the 4th of the month, a pregnancy test should show up positive if taken now. If it is negative, wait 2 weeks, if no period, tet again. If that is negative, then you can be pretty sure you are not pregnant, and may want to go to the doctor for a blood test, and a check up.