Medical Specialty >> Gynecology

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

Back to Gynecology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/14/2017.

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: Symptoms Baffling, Need Help

ebonyangel - Thu Jul 21, 2005 3:49 pm

I've been noticing strange symptoms that I don't usually experience: there's a consistent pain (as if you have a completely full bladder, that's the feeling, except my bladder is completely empty), and just today I noticed what appeared to be a bit of bleeding, although I menstruated the first week of July, and I stay consistent with my bleedings (every 33-35 days and last for around a week, at longest have been two weeks in length, and are always heavy).
This pain keeps me around the bathroom a lot, and only ceased for a few hours yesterday afternoon/evening. I have no clue what is going on, I'm not on contraceptive pills or any sort of medication, I'm in my late teens, and unsure of what to do about this.

Please, if you have any information that might help me, let me know!
 Shannon Morgan, CMA - Tue Jul 26, 2005 1:29 pm

User avatar You probably have a urinary tract infection (UTI), and you need to see a doctor asap if you haven't already for antibiotic treatment. Cranberry juice will not heal it, if left untreated it will spread to the kindeys which can be serious.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us