Medical Specialty >> Gynecology

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

Back to Gynecology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/14/2017.

Forum Name: Obstetrics

Question: Am I pregnant?

jmary88 - Thu Jul 28, 2005 12:54 am

My boyfriend and I had sex without a condom, but he pulled out before anything happened.. and he also said that there wasn't any pre-ejaculation (and I trust him on that). That was over a month ago.. and I still haven't started my period yet. I'm already very very irregular as it is.. and I was already late when we did it. I've taken 3 home pregnancy tests and they all show negative, and I don't show any symptoms at all (ie: morning sickness, backaches.. etc) ... I'm not exactly sure what to do from here.. does it sound like I'm pregnant?
 Dr. Anthony Solomon - Thu Jul 28, 2005 5:45 pm

The withdrawal method can fail, but with 3 negative pregnancy tests and no symptoms of pregnancy, it is unlikely you are pregnant. Absence of menstruation in a sexually active female not on contraceptives must always be considered a pregnancy unless proved otherwise. Consider a blood pregnancy test if your menstruation is still delayed.

Dr Anthony Solomon
Consultant Physician, Tropical & Genitourinary Medicine
 jmary88 - Thu Jul 28, 2005 10:28 pm

Thank you very much for your help. I took another test today and it was still negative, I think I may wait another 2 weeks and see what happens. If I don't start by then.. I'll get some blood work done.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us