Medical Specialty >> Gynecology

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

Back to Gynecology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/14/2017.

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: Question about vaginal dryness during sex

chris1974 - Fri Jul 29, 2005 9:19 am

Lately whilst having sex I have been dry, even when in the mood for sex, and especially nearer the outside of the vagina. When penetration takes place there seems to be more friction against one side than the other, resulting in an uncomfortable feeling. This dryness causes small cuts or lacerations on the bottom side of my husband's penis. My recent PAP test diagnosed mild thrush which was treated using a cream and a pill.

What are the common causes of dryness or being uncomfortable like this?
 Theresa Jones, RN - Sat Jul 30, 2005 8:08 am

User avatar Hi chris1974,
One thing that may cause vaginal dryness is hormone changes. You may want to try using a water based lubricant (KY Lubricant) during intercourse and this should resolve the dry uncomfortable sensation.
Sincerely,
Rntdj
 lllucille - Tue Aug 02, 2005 9:32 am

I tend to notice that I have less lubrication when I am taking antihistimines or when I have had alcohol. There are other medications that can also affect this. Also, try making sure you keep hydrated by drinking lots of water throughout the day. Could any of these things be a contributing factor to your situation?
 angel25 - Sun Aug 14, 2005 7:32 pm

Hi Dr. Im 24 years old, and i have a question i don't know how to say it, me and my bodyfriend fooling around and he tried to stick his fingure into my pussy, and half of his fingure, when he did that i was kind of tighting myself, so after i went home after two hours little two drops blood came, is this means that i lost my virginity? my other question is that we tried to have sex, and i didn't let him to put his penis into mine cuase it hurst a lot so after triying he finally put his penis only the head of it, not the whole thing, but still hurt me, is this means that i lost my virghinity cause i didn't bleed, please help cause i'm worried if i lost my virginity!

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us