Medical Specialty >> Gynecology

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

Back to Gynecology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/14/2017.

Forum Name: Obstetrics

Question: Cramping and Concerned

Angeleyes01 - Mon Aug 01, 2005 6:15 pm

I have just found out that I am five weeks pregnant and I am having some cramps that are rather painful. I just missed my first period a week ago and I am wondering if the cramping is abnormal or if it could be related to my skipped period. This is my first time being pregnant so I hope there is someonre out there who can ease my anxiety about this issue. I really want this baby so I am scared that something is wrong. Please respond with any insites you may have.
Thank-you,
-me-
 PREG4FIRSTIME - Fri Aug 19, 2005 1:04 pm

I AM 10 WEEKS PREGNANT. AND WAS HAVING HORRIBLE CRAMPING IN MY TUMMY IT FELT LIKE I WAS REALLY BLOATING AND JUST PLAIN PAINFUL. IT WOULD ONLY COME WHILE I WAS WALKING OR STANDING. BUT IF I WAS SITTING STILL THE PAIN WOULD GO AWAY. IF YOU ARE HAVING THE SAME SYSTOMS I WOULD SUGEST YOU GO SEE THE DOCTOR IMMDIATLY. MINE ENDED UP THAT I HAD A CYST IN MY OVARIES THAT HAD BURST. ITS NOT HARMFUL TO THE BABY BUT IT DOES PUT YOU IN A ALOT OF PAIN! HOPE THIS HELPS.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us