Question: pregnant and have blood after intercourse

hlob - Thu Aug 04, 2005 1:15 am

I missed my period which was supposed to come two weeks ago. I did a pregnancy test which came positive.
Last night after intercourse the condom came out with blood . But I did not bleed after that.
What could be going on ???

I sent the top part of this message about 7 hours ago and would like now to add that I started bleeding and very heavily with minor cramping for about 20 minutes.now the bleeding is very light. drops if I may say but the cramping is still there.
I am not sure if this is my period, meaning the test was a false positive. I have always had regular periods and this is not normal to me.
Please help me dear doctors, Im confused
Maybe I should just add the few things that have been happening to me lately.
My last period started on the 27th of June and I was expecting the next one somewhere on the 24 of July. But on the 23rd of July I just spotted some reddish-brown stuff , of which I thought my period was starting but nothing happened after that. A week later I did the pregnacy test which was postive.
I have been having back aches, but the rest of the things like eating habits have been like those that I get on PMS.
The other thing is I've had a yeast infection which I was treating. Now I don know if this has anything to do with it. I've had yeast infections before , which have never affected my periods.
Please somebody advise on what I should do??
Thank you for your help
 Gracie - Sun Aug 07, 2005 3:20 am

It is possible you were pregnant, and had an early miscarriage. That is very common, most woman just mistake it for a period, and never know they miscarried. it is also possible your period was just late this time, although false positives aren't very common, the best bet is if you suspect you are pregnant, or get a positive home test, to schedule an appointment with your doctor to comfirm it.
I would see a doctor or take a second test to find out if you are pregnant or not.