Question: irregular bleeding

spowe - Thu Aug 04, 2005 8:40 pm

I am 51 and have been having irregular cycles for the past year. Last month my menstrual cycle came on lasted for five days, stopped and started the next day as though it was the beginning of the cycle and continued for five days, stopped one day and started again. This has been going on for more than 4 weeks. What could possibly be the problem>
 Jennifer R.N. - Sat Aug 06, 2005 11:41 am

Could be the first signs of menapause. You can see your doc to get your hormone levels checked. He can also check for other reasons for the abnormal bleeding. Just to make sure nothing else is wrong. :-)