Medical Specialty >> Gynecology

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

Back to Gynecology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/14/2017.

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: Concerned

Stallo14 - Sat Aug 06, 2005 3:47 am

This is a little hard for me to ask but I am concerned with what is going on with my wife. She just turned 40 this year and she just started having the same concern. Her nipples have been getting really erect and have been doing so on thier own. They also have been hurting at the same time very sore. I don't know if this has anything to do with pre menopause. I do know of some of her past sexual encounters with other men do to we have been open about this with each other. We have been married going on 7 years. She told me of her last relationship where her ex he would love to pull the nipple really hard. This is a concern that I have that I hope nothing has now transpired medically due to this past experience. Is there anything wrong? If anyone could please advise.

Thank You,

Dan 8)
 Theresa Jones, RN - Sat Aug 06, 2005 8:18 am

User avatar Hi Stallo14,
Is there any redness or inflammation present? Has she had a mammogram? If she has not had a recent evaluation accompanied by a diagnostic mammogram, I would suggest this be completed. If redness or inflammation is not present it may be related to hormone changes and insignificant but I again, would suggest an evaluation.
Sincerely,
Rntdj
 Stallo14 - Sat Aug 06, 2005 10:37 am

Thank you for your reply. The question to your answer is there is no redness just very sensitive. I will def. suggest her to make an appointment with her doctor on this. I think she had a mammogram last year. I thank you again..

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us