Medical Specialty >> Gynecology

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

Back to Gynecology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/14/2017.

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: Hymenectomy Question

sjane - Sun Aug 07, 2005 5:42 pm

I had a hymenectomy performed Monday, August 1st. I was wondering how long I should abstain from having oral sex performed on me, as long as I am not feeling any pain. I know there are stiches inside, so I was wondering if germs getting in could be a problem.
 Shannon Morgan, CMA - Mon Aug 08, 2005 4:27 pm

User avatar There are many many germs in the human mouth, I would recommend until the sutures are out (or dissolved) you abstain from it, just to be safe.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us