Question: Do I need to go to the emergency room?

badgirl4212 - Mon Aug 08, 2005 10:49 am

The past three months I have been having problems with my period. I will start spotting a dark brown 4-7 days before I am to start then I would have my period for 4-7 days which is really abnormal for me. My period was most of the time on time, and would only last 4-5 days.. So I had gone to see my obgyn and got std test and everything done and the only problem we found was a slight yeast infection. Now this month it started all over again. The spotting for about5 days then I started my period which I am still on and it has been 10 days. Now something has got to be wrong. Can someone please help me I am so scared that I want to go to the er,but I really don't want that bill. What should I do?
 bimidodo - Mon Aug 08, 2005 2:00 pm

how old are you?
 Shannon Morgan, CMA - Mon Aug 08, 2005 4:34 pm

User avatar You do not need to go to the ER. Are you on the pill or any hormonal birth control? If so, have you changed brands/strengths? Have you lost a great deal of weight?

If not, it can be due to stress, more excercise than usual or diet. If you have taken a pregnancy test recently and it is negative, it may be a temporary change. Periods aren't like clockwork and the same pattern every month 100% of the time, they can be influenced by other factors that aren't serious. If it continues and you are worried, call/see your doctor.