Question: Could I be pregnant?

jdiggy - Mon Aug 08, 2005 4:19 pm

Hope to get some help with this. My last period was July 1st. I have been on orthotricylcen-lo for the past several years and have always had regular periods. My period is now about 2 weeks late, and after doing 2 hptests and they were both negative, I am wondering if I am or I am not. I am 34 years old with no children and I have been under some stress lately and have recently started exercising almost everyday. Are the hpt's as reliable as they say they are? I made an appt to see my OBGYN on friday just to be sure, but could I really still be pregnant after 2 negative hpts? My breasts are sore, but that could also be a sign of my period coming on, yes?
Should I be worried?
 Shannon Morgan, CMA - Mon Aug 08, 2005 4:26 pm

User avatar With two negative tests (as long as they were done at least one day late) are negative, it is highly unlikely. These are the same tests used in the doctor's office.

Stress can easily cause irregularities and even absence of a period. To make matters worse, the more you worry about being pregnant, the later it can be!

Breast tenderness, cramping, moodiness, increased appetite, etc. are all symptoms present right before you get your period, don't worry that they are symptoms of pregnancy.

If it doesn't happen in another week or so, see your GYN for an exam and her advice.
 jdiggy - Tue Aug 09, 2005 1:05 pm

If the negative result was 'faint' yesterday, eventhough it was my 2nd negative test, should I be concerned and do another test? I read that sometimes a 'faint' negative line is really a positive result?

[quote="Ilovepatients"]With two negative tests (as long as they were done at least one day late) are negative, it is highly unlikely. These are the same tests used in the doctor's office.

If it doesn't happen in another week or so, see your GYN for an exam and her advice.[/quote]
 Shannon Morgan, CMA - Wed Aug 10, 2005 9:32 am

User avatar It's probably nothing to worry about; it could just be the test agent itself. If you were pregnant at all, there would be at least a faint positive line.