Medical Specialty >> Gynecology

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

Back to Gynecology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/14/2017.

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: not sure what is wrong with me???

 beanieangel123 - Tue Aug 09, 2005 2:26 pm

Okay, I seem to have some sort of pseudo-anus or something. I have an indention above my anus - a little more than an inch or so in the crack of my butt, which seems to be longer than normal as well. Every once in awhile it will kinda hurt and bleed a little.

I am really not sure what is wrong and I am really embarrassed about going to the dr about this. My husband made me make an appt. but I was just wondering if any of you knew anything about this.

 Kacheri - Wed Aug 10, 2005 8:47 am

First of all do not be embarrassed. You are not the only one who has an indention in that area. That is where your tail bone rests. Your tail bone may be the reason why you are hurting and bleeding. A simple x-ray will let you know.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us