Medical Specialty >> Gynecology

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

Back to Gynecology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/14/2017.

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: I'm 14 years old (almost 15) and I have a BIG problem

 fancypatches - Tue Aug 16, 2005 2:18 am

I'm 14 years old, and I have a big Big problem. Please note that I have never had any kind of sexual relations with anyone. (also I'm really really really embarised to talk about this)

My story:
I have had this problem for a little over a year (I think). It's an itching and burning on the inside of the vaginal area. I delt with it for a while thinking it would go away, but when it didn't I got worried.(the next part i am really embarassed about because I think it was a stupid thing to do, it's kind of weird, and it may have made things worse.)
When I would go to the bathroom when it happend, I guess I was trying to itch the scratch with tp and I would rub really roughly at the area. (just thought that might be something that you might need to know to help) After a while I told my mom about it and she said it sounded like a yeast infection. I was really scared. She bought me Monistat. I was never used to the idea of sticking something *up there* (I refuse to even use tampons for my period) but, I did it in hopes to get rid of the pain and itching. It didn't work. It kept on happening. I also get a little bit of relief by pushing like I'm going to go the bathroom, but that usually causes really painful cramps and it only lasts for a few seconds. PLEASE PLEASE HELP!

The facts:
It's not like an ongoing kind of thing. Sometimes it will go away for days, some times for weeks, Sometimes (and lately) it's okay all day, but returns every night.

Please help. I get really emotional over this. I feel it's runing my life! I might sound like a drama queen here, but it's really a problem. Also, I've never seen a doctor about this because I don't like the though of someone poking around my private areas. That's why I'm here and not at some doctors office. (well that and the fact that we don't really have a lot of money to pay for a doctor)
 color19 - Tue Aug 16, 2005 5:33 am

I’m not a doctor or a nurse but I would seriously suggest for you to go see a gynecologist. It’s obvious that it's not going to just go away. And no one will be able to tell you what is exactly wrong with you besides a doctor. Don’t be embarrassed to go see a doctor. They have seen it all before and they don't really care. All they want to do is to help you. Also keep in mind that whatever it is that you may have, they have seen much worse. I too have dealt with a problem similar to yours and I have dealt with it for a year because I was afraid to go to the gynecologist. I finally went because I couldn't deal with the pain anymore. It turned out to be a yeast infection, bacterial infection and genital herpes. It wouldn’t have been that bad if I went to see the doctor earlier. You probably don't have genital herpes unless you had direct contact with someone who has it. Herpes is passes on through skin contact. Well... all I am saying is that you should not be afraid to see a doctor. They are there to help us. Also, why don’t you try and make a health plan like care plus to help you with the financial part of seeing a doctor. But since you have to wait a couple of months for your health plan to become active if you do get it, I would highly suggest for you to go see a gynecologist ASAP.
 x-babygurl-x - Fri Sep 16, 2005 7:39 pm

Fancypatches , IV JUST TURNED 13 and iv got the same symptoms exept i also hav a realy painful swelling and 3 blistery things SO DAM SORE N ITCHY!! :( :( :( .... i went to the hospital today and they gave me some medicine !! The best fing u can do is go to ur doctors.. you think it will be embarresing but when you are there it is over and done with! :roll: Doctors see it evry day and it is VERY important you show them coz it mite b serius n if it gets really bad you might hav 2 hav sme of your vagina removed!! belive me and go to the doctors or hospital because youll feel a whole lot of relief when you get diagnosed and given some medicens! im on 4 lots of tablets lol!!please please GO xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us