Question: brown discharge :(

heatherbugg83 - Wed Aug 17, 2005 9:56 am

Hi.. I am 22 yrs old and my periods have always been irregular but now they are worse.. i havent had a period in almost 4 yrs and now i am having thick brown discharge that has a bad smell.. i havent been sexually active in 3 yrs and the last time i had a pap smear it come back clear but i did have an ovarian cyst.. i don't have medical insurance so i cant go to the doctor.. does anyone have any advice or know what this could be???Thanks
 bettie60657 - Wed Aug 17, 2005 10:58 am

to me it sounds like chlamydia. Look it up and see if it is. If so, you need to get checked out right away. Is there a Planned Parenthood near you? Some hospitals also will take you--even with no insurance, and you can apply for financial assistance.
 heatherbugg83 - Wed Aug 17, 2005 2:10 pm

Thank you for the advice but i know it is not clahmydia.. i had a pap about 2 years ago and that would have showed up... i havent been sexually active in 3 yrs so thats not possible.. thanks again for the input though
 gt1924 - Fri Aug 26, 2005 7:41 pm

I DIDN'T HAVE A PERIOD FOR 5 YEARS AND THE SAME THING HAPPENED. I WAS TOLD THAT EVEN WHEN YOU DON'T HAVE A PERIOD THE UTERUS LINING STILL DEVELOPES AND IT WILL GET SO FULL AND THEN START TO LEAK OUT. THE BROWN DISCHARGE WAS BASICALLY OLD BLOOD. IT ALSO SOUNDS LIKE YOU MAY HAVE POLYCYSTIC OVARIAN SYNDROME (PCOS). SOME OTHER SYMPTOMS ARE EXCESS WEIGHT, EXCESS BODY HAIR, ACNE, AND MANY OTHER SYMPTOMS. I KNOW NOW IT IS VERY UNHEALTHY TO NOT HAVE A PERIOD AND YOU SHOULD HAVE IT AT LEAST A FEW TIMES A YEAR. YOU REALLY SHOULD TRY AND FIND A CLINIC THAT MAY ALLOW YOU TO PAY ACCORDING TO YOUR INCOME AND IT IS USUALLY VERY AFFORDABLE.
HOPE I COULD HELP!
GOOD LUCK!