Medical Specialty >> Gynecology

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

Back to Gynecology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/14/2017.

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: birth control- please help me asap !

baybiex0fayce - Wed Aug 17, 2005 7:04 pm

hey, well. i have a big problem.. i am 15 years old and my boyfriend is 17.. we have just started having sex because we love eachother and have been together for awhile. i really need help because last sunday we had sex and we werent sure if the condom broke. we both got so nervous.. i really need to get on birth control, i talked to my mom about it and she said yes, but keeps on prolonging it. i will always ask for it and she will just be like " i have to think about it. ".. i no my boyfriend would always be there for me if anything ever happened, but we both can't support a child. he is a machanic and i am a full time student. so there is only one income coming in, which machanics don't make alot to support us both... but on to my point.. is there anyway that i can go and get birth control without my mom having to come with me i live in south florida, i would go to any part of florida to go get it. i just need to feel safe when i am having sex. please help me !! i really need to know that answer !! thank you so much !

celticprincessme - Wed Aug 17, 2005 7:48 pm

Hi,
Any freeclinic can prescribe you birth control without having a parent present. you can find one in your local phonebook. It is all confidential.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us