Question: HERPES Type I and Type II ?

DJM - Thu Aug 18, 2005 5:40 pm

Question - I've been wondering for a long time, but have never asked about:
I'm assuming it's possible to transmit Herpes type 1 (cold sores) to someone during oral sex. IIf that person then has a herpes outbreak in the genital area, does that mean the person has Herpes type 1 or type II?
Are the symptoms of herpes type II more severe and painful?
Also, vice versa: if someone has a genital sore - can this be transmitted to someone, where they could get a cold sore on the mouth, and if so - would that be considered a type 1 then?

Wouldn't it be possible then for someone who's never had sexual encounter with anyone, to give themselves genital herpes? - IF they have a cold sore, by possibly touching their mouth area and then the genital area?
 Binkalette - Tue Aug 23, 2005 2:54 pm

Well...for one thing..you can't contract the herpes virus unless you come in contact with it. You won't give it to yourself from touching a cold sore... They're two totally different things...
 helpme!! - Thu Aug 25, 2005 12:46 am

HI, I'VE BEEN HAVING SOME BUMPS THAT HAS PUS IN THEM LATELY, I'M STILL A VIRGIN, BUT HAVE HAD ORAL SEX..COULD THIS BE HERPES..IT'S ITCHY SOMETIMES..COULD I GET SOMETHING OVER THE COUNTER TO GET RID OF IT? THANKS IN ADVANCE...
 helpme!! - Thu Aug 25, 2005 12:51 am

HI, I'VE BEEN HAVING SOME BUMPS THAT HAS PUS IN THEM LATELY, I'M STILL A VIRGIN, BUT HAVE HAD ORAL SEX..COULD THIS BE HERPES..IT'S ITCHY SOMETIMES..COULD I GET SOMETHING OVER THE COUNTER TO GET RID OF IT? THANKS IN ADVANCE...THE BUMPS ARE NOT IN MY VAGINA. THEY ARE LOCATED IN MY PUBIC HAIR AREA...I READ THAT HERPES ARE ON THE VAGINA ITSELF...COULD YOU PLEASE HELP ME OUT??
 Binkalette - Thu Aug 25, 2005 1:17 pm

Have you been shaving down there recently? Sometimes after you shave, you'll get itchy red bumps that come when the hair is comming back, and then leave when it grows in...Maybe that's it?
 helpme!! - Thu Aug 25, 2005 6:10 pm

I HAVENT SHAVED IN ABOUT A MONTH OR MONTH AND A HALF...BUT THE BUMP START OFF HARD THEN IF I DO ITCH IT, IT MAY BECOME SENSITIVE AND THEN FILL WITH PUS AFTER A WHILE... IF I PUT ALCOHOL ON IT, IT HEALS....DO U THINK THAT COULD BE FROM AN INGROWN HAIR...OR U THINK THATS SOME KIND OF STD...WHICH I HIGHLY DOUBT..MAYBE I'M JUST OVERREACTING..ONLY ABOUT 3 TIMES I'VE HAD ORAL SEX AND THAT WAS A VERY VERY LONG TIME AGO...please SEND SOME MORE INFORMATION FOR ME ON THAT..I APPRECIATE IT GREATLY...GOD BLESS!!