Medical Specialty >> Gynecology

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

Back to Gynecology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/14/2017.

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: very recent vaginal itching and burning

glamon - Fri Aug 19, 2005 12:04 pm

i'm 15 years old. i do have a boyfriend, but we have never had sex. both of us are virgins. i was his first kiss, and he was my first kiss so i'm certain neither of us has received any kind of disease from another. i've been wanting to see a doctor for a while now. every time before my period starts, it really stings down there, but it's at least bearable. well, three days ago that feeling came back and i knew my period was coming. but the next day i woke up, and i felt very very dry down there. and that's unusual because usually i'm very moist down there and i can get wet easily. well, that morning i was very dry, and it was very itchy as well. i was very uncomfortable, and it seemed like one side of my vagina seemed heavier than the other. it also started burning and feeling very hot. the next day it was the same thing except it didn't feel so lopsided anymore. this morning it's no longer dry, but that's because i got my period this morning. it still feelsl heated, and it is still itching. i'm very confused because i don't know what could have caused this. my boyfriend keeps telling me to go see a doctor, and i want to so bad, but the next appointment there is not open until september 20th and that's far away.
 scarletteclipse - Sat Aug 20, 2005 12:15 pm

yeast infection?

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us