Question: miscarried 2nd time. What can be done next time

Yasmine - Fri Aug 19, 2005 2:55 pm

Hi. I am new to this. I am 30 and miscarried for the 2nd time on Monday. It was hard and want to know if anyone else on the website has experienced the same thing. I miscarried at 5 weeks, the first was at 6/7 weeks last year. I am not sure what is going on and why I can not keep the baby pass those weeks. Any advice or anything that anyone can maybe think of? My ob said next time they will put me on progesterone to see if that helps. I am also going to see an acupuntist who specalize in woman who miscarried and has great success in her client going on to have norma full term pregnancies. My husband and I don't want to wait till I have one cycle than try again. Is there anyone who has had a miscarriage and got pregnant with the next cycle? I really want to wait either. Both of us want a child so bad. Any advice. I feel I all alone in this. HELP!!

Yasmine.
 CharleenC - Thu Sep 15, 2005 2:04 pm

Your obstetrician is right on target, progesterone suppositiories in the first trimester is the next step. In terms of getting pregnant you can keep trying as long as you have had no complications from your loss. The progesterone is the next step with your history and can be quite successful. I want you to know I am very sorry for your loss, and I wish you all the best. Feel free to let me know how things go. Best wishes, Charleen
 Yasmine - Thu Sep 15, 2005 3:43 pm

Charleen,

Thank you for your reply. I am deeply grateful. I am doing much now. I saw my ob this last Tuesday and he wants to check for uterine polyps, he believe I might them for he said my ultrasound last done the day after on the day of my miscarriage, my uterine lining was very thick..is this a sign of a uterine polyp(s). I have read on them and if so a D&C will be performed but like to avoid that if I can. Do you know of any other less invasive way of getting rid of uterine polyps or are some ok to just leave alone. I have my ultrasound this coming Tuesday. I know I can't assume I have them which I hope I don't. I am spotting now, expecting my period either Tomorrow which is my day 33 which is my normal cycle. I have decided to wait till October to try again to at least give my uterus time to heal. The acupunture is helping termendesly (I know I spelled that wrong) my depression is under control and I feel alive again...I am back to my happy go lucky self...missed the old me. I am doing much better. I got pregnant both times the first time, a fertile mertile..just need a little help keeping that tiny life inside. My partial thrombast and cardiolipin AB IgG were slightly elevated (Is that bad??) and my sugar was at 104. I have lost almost 30 lbs since Januray so I hope that helps. My blood pressure is normal now. I will keep in touch Charlene and let you know what happens. Hope to hear from you soon. Yasmine : )