Medical Specialty >> Gynecology

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

Back to Gynecology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/14/2017.

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: Burning during intercourse

Sunblosm - Fri Aug 19, 2005 3:22 pm

Help me!

I've been plagued with burning in the walls/lips of my vagina for the past 5 monthes -- and haven't been able to have sex with my long term boyfriend for that long.

It all began with a rather sever UTI. This was followed by recurrent UTIs, a bacterial infection, and yeast infection. However, I was tested today, and am clear of all three. Last night when I attempted sex, it burned, was extremely painful, and the burning lingered for several hours.

Is this simply a side effect of all that has been going on, or could it be something more serious. I would love to be able to enjoy love making with my significant other once again.
 Dr. L. Chu Go - Thu Sep 22, 2005 8:16 am

try applying a lubricant first like water-based KY jelly (make sure you do a skin test first to check for hypersensitivity reactions).

MD

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us