Question: Burning during intercourse

Sunblosm - Fri Aug 19, 2005 3:22 pm

Help me!

I've been plagued with burning in the walls/lips of my vagina for the past 5 monthes -- and haven't been able to have sex with my long term boyfriend for that long.

It all began with a rather sever UTI. This was followed by recurrent UTIs, a bacterial infection, and yeast infection. However, I was tested today, and am clear of all three. Last night when I attempted sex, it burned, was extremely painful, and the burning lingered for several hours.

Is this simply a side effect of all that has been going on, or could it be something more serious. I would love to be able to enjoy love making with my significant other once again.
 Dr. L. Chu Go - Thu Sep 22, 2005 8:16 am

try applying a lubricant first like water-based KY jelly (make sure you do a skin test first to check for hypersensitivity reactions).

MD